Commemorating the 10th anniversary of the initial Japanese launch on the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Squarew Enix’s Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King is now available on iOS and Android devices.
The game lets players take on the role of the “Hero,” the last survivor of King Trode’s army. “Hero” must track down the evil jester who stole a powerful scepter and caused this tragedy.
“Following its PlayStation 2 system launch in 2004, Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King saw immense success and became an instant cult classic,” said Noriyoshi Fujimoto, producer of the mobile version of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. “The game is perfectly suited as a tremendous value for mobile and tablet as a full 60-plus hour console game with an epic tale of friendship, bravery and adventure. We’ve put in extra effort for the controls to be intuitive and easy to play. Its 10th anniversary is the ideal milestone to re-release the game for fans and new players alike.”
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King lets mobile players explore the game’s vast grassy fields, snow-capped mountains, daunting dungeons and restless seas. Players can slide their screens to pan the camera in a full 360 degrees around the character. In addition, Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King also features the original title’s revolutionary synthesizer score, orchestrated by the series’ long time music composer Koichi Sugiyama.
• Controls: Players have access to smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls and a customizable user interface. The in-game directional button is also customizable, allowing one-handed (or two-hand) play.
• Battle: Reworked combat system allows for one-tap turn-based battles as well as more complex play. Players can choose an in-game battle strategy to move their character and parties automatically during battles; players also have direct control of their characters and parties during battles.
• Auto Run Mode: As the fields are vast, players now have the option to auto-run through boundless environments.
• Monster Recruit: Monsters inhabiting the game can be recruited into the player’s party.
• Alchemy Pot: This pot allows players to mix various products in order to create new, stronger items.
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King is now available for $19.99 on iOS and Android devices. To download the game, visit: iTunes Store or Google Play Store