2K and Firaxis Games today announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, the new science fiction-themed entry in the award-winning Civilization franchise, will be released globally on Friday, October 24, 2014 for Windows PC. Fans who pre-order Civilization: Beyond Earth from participating retailers will receive the Exoplanets Map Pack, which includes six custom maps inspired by real exoplanets, at launch.
• Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
• Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
• Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
• Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
• 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
• Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
Civilization: Beyond Earth for Windows PC is available for pre-order at participating retailers. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available globally for Windows PC on October 24, 2014 for a suggested retail price of $49.99.
Civilization: Beyond Earth will propel the development of humanity beyond the traditional timeline of a Civilization game by exploring the future of mankind on an alien world. For the first time, players will lead factions divided by contrasting cultures and evolve their new civilizations to reflect their chosen style of play. Players will experience an array of new gameplay possibilities, including nonlinear technology progression through the new Tech Web, the introduction of a new Orbital Layer, and a new Quest system that will unlock additional details about the alien world in addition to new resources and upgrades.
For more information on Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, please visit civilization.com